When an earthquake struck the Hindu-Kush region in 2023, tremors were felt throughout half of the country. The resulting tremor was felt not only in Delhi-NCR but also in other countries. Earthquake-prone nations such as Turkey may have insurance in place. So, understanding how insurance works in our nation is more important than ever.
What Types Of Car Insurance Policies Are There?
Numerous car insurance online providers offer insurance plans that protect against calamities caused by nature, including earthquakes, floods, and other disasters. A Comprehensive Insurance Plan for cars enables you to submit a car insurance claim if your car sustains damage due to an accident, a natural disaster, a fire, etc. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy. *
Third-Party Car Insurance
Third-party insurance is a different insurance policy on the other end of the spectrum. Only the third-party liabilities of the car owner may be covered by the insurer under this type of policy. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy. *
How Do I Make A Natural Disaster Claim On My Car Insurance?
It’s simple to file an insurance (Comprehensive) claim:
- In the beginning, you must collect proof in the form of images and videos showing the wrecked car from all sides and documents for additional proof that the natural disaster actually occurred.
- Keep the car stationary in the damaged area. Please make a note of the timeline when it occurred.
- Thirdly, contact your insurer and let them know about the car damage.
- A surveyor inspector will be dispatched to look over and assess the vehicle’s damages. If the surveyor sees that the car has been moved in such circumstances, he might get some other idea. Therefore, please wait until your surveyor has examined your car before moving it.
- Following the inspection, a surveyor report will be provided, aiding in the approval of your claim.
- The motor insurance company will tow the vehicle to a network garage for repairs after the claim is approved. After that, give your insurer all the paperwork needed for the claim process.
- You can pick up your car from the network garage once it has been fixed.
- If this is a cashless settlement, your insurance company will be the only one to have paid the insurer.
- You must pay the repair bill if this is a reimbursement bill. Send the document to the insurer and request payment. However, additional verification will also be required before the reimbursement is made.
Though earthquake-related car damage might not be typical in India, it’s essential to be prepared for such unexpected events. Earthquake car insurance and understanding the online claims process can significantly improve your financial security when dealing with car damage caused by seismic activities. By following the appropriate steps and having the right insurance coverage, you can mitigate the economic impact and get back on the road with peace of mind. When it is time for car insurance renewal, consider shopping around and getting online quotes from various insurers to ensure you get the ideal deal.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.